Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Senior Finance and Administration Officer, South Africa
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
IYF South Africa partners to strengthen education and training systems including public TVET colleges and employer-led learnerships for unemployed youth, with the goal of equipping young people to access and expand economic opportunity. We work with national government and TVET leaders to align courses with industry needs; we equip employers to deliver more impactful life skills training within their learnerships; and we create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education systems that improve young people’s lives while also delivering business benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY & PURPOSE
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative, scheduling, and activity logistics support.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and clerical support to staff. This will include leading the preparation of all the logistics, agendas, briefing papers, and follow-up pertaining to meetings.
- Provide administrative support for all matters related to the operations and administration of the South Africa office.
- Provide support in planning and logistics for technical workshops, offsite meetings and stakeholder events, interfacing with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Coordinate internal meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Manage all aspects of the scheduling and travel arrangements for staff, visitors, and consultants (travel might be local, regional, and international). This includes facilitation of visas and airfare bookings, transportation and hotel accommodation reservations, and printing of travel documents.
- Support procurement process, communicating with potential vendors, obtaining quotes, and preparing paperwork including invoices and procurement forms.
- Oversee stock of office supplies and assist in ordering new supplies.
- Maintain updated staff directory, contact databases, and office calendars.
- Perform any other administrative duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Oral and written fluency in English a must. Proficiency in least one additional South African language an advantage.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working as part of an international team.
- Commitment to IYF’s mission and values.
Only applicants without work restrictions in South Africa should apply.