This is a fully remote position based in Baltimore, Maryland. Eligible applicants must live within the Baltimore, DC, or Virginia area and be able to transport within Baltimore at least once per week to complete assigned duties.
For more than 30 years, IYF’s sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Administrative Assistant provides scheduling and administrative support to the Executive Management Team (EMT) including the President & CEO, CFO & EVP Finance, and EVP Programs. In addition, this position will provide scheduling and administrative support to the organization.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from candidates that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective. Candidates are encouraged to identify their unique talents, strengths, and experiences in this area.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate internal and external scheduling for the Executive Management Team (EMT).
- Ensure the logistical and substantive preparation and follow up for EMT travel, including coordination of travel arrangements, itinerary preparation, visa management, and expense reimbursements. Coordinate EMT miscellaneous expense reimbursement.
- Coordinate IYF’s institutional calendar to ensure maximum staff availability and participation, as well as appropiate cadence for training and learning opportunities.
- As requested, schedule Board of Director committee meetings, virtually attend these meetings to take meeting minutes, and follow up regarding action items to ensure timely completion.
- Retrieve, scan, and distribute incoming U.S. mail. Process and deposit incoming checks. These U.S. mail duties will require weekly transportation in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Serve as the “voice of IYF,” providing virtual reception services, ensuring that phones are answered during business hours.
- As requested, support staff recognition events and activities.
- Support logistical and other needs for staff training and workshop events.
- Provide support for document filings related to IYF’s registrations in the U.S. and globally.
- Liaison with tenant of, and property management for, IYF’s sublet Baltimore office space.
- Support maintenance of relationships with IYF’s vendors.
- Support IT equipment inventory and maintenance of cloud storage for Zoom and other cloud platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish goals within given time constraints.
- Ability to identify challenges in a timely manner, recommend solutions, and work to implement resolutions in a collaborative environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, listening and communications skills appropriate for efficient and effective collaboration in a multicultural, international environment.
- Strong sense of responsibility, professionalism, and thoroughness. Ability to maintain and protect sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Very strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Outlook as well as other Office suite products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Teams, and SharePoint. Curiosity and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Commitment to IYF values and mission.
- Minimum of 1-year administrative work experience, including scheduling and supporting senior level management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation to travel within Baltimore, Maryland at least once per week to complete assigned duties.
- Dedicated workspace to accommodate a scanner/printer.
$35,000 - $40,000
Please send your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading "Administrative Assistant."
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.