Business Development Intern
Business Development Intern
Business Development Coordinator
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP
Under the supervision of the Business Development (BD) Coordinator, the intern will support efforts to secure resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, the intern will contribute to positioning for and pursuit of funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position will work with the Official Development Assistance (ODA) BD team focused on US Government and other public donor institutions (bilateral and multilateral donors).
- Work closely with the BD Coordinator to gather information on IYF’s past and current projects, which may involve reading and summarizing information from project documents (e.g., reports, assessments, award documents)
- Work closely with the BD Coordinator to organize collected project information and use it to develop and/or update IYF’s past performance references and capacity statements for use in business development efforts
REQUESTED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (Education, Economic Development, Public Policy, International Relations, or related field preferred)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter and a good problem solver with excellent writing and communication skills and a commitment to global youth development.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills, including ability to identify, balance and shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to move assignments to completion in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Teams). Experience with Sharepoint and/or Salesforce are a plus.
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment
- Excellent academic performance, as demonstrated by recent transcripts
DURATION AND HOURS
Start date: October 2021
Duration: 6 to 10 weeks
Hours: 12-20 hours a week
Pay: $16/undergraduate students, $20/graduate students
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in this internship at IYF?
- How are you a good fit?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship?
- In what way do you identify as BIPOC and/or with another underrepresented or historically marginalized group?
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Our work is fueled by the belief that young women and men everywhere possess dreams, ambition, and the same spark of potential. However, we also know that opportunities are not equitably distributed. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. We forge global and local partnerships that transform lives, together.
Together with our partners, IYF builds effective, sustainable, and scalable initiatives that drive change around three interconnected strategic objectives: youth agency, economic opportunity, and systems change. These strategic objectives power IYF’s mission. Our initiatives help young people gain market-relevant technical and life skills, and they foster enabling environments and enhance the systems within which we all live and work.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.