Communications Officer, MEX/LAC - REMOTE
Based remotely or in Mexico (preferred).
Regional Director, LAC & Country Director, Mexico
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage and improve all our communications flow, outside IYF in Mexico and the LAC Region. This position will be responsible for ensuring that IYF’s mission and values are promoted and highlighted in the programs in which we participate.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create effective communication strategies and plans that include media outreach and social media content creation for IYF.
- Proactively interact with local, regional and national media and define a short-, medium- and long-term media and communication plan.
- Coordinate external and internal communications adhering to IYF’s style guide, ensuring a high-quality and error-free product.
- Advise the LAC Regional Director and Country Directors, in the implementation of project required communication strategies.
- Research and write press releases, collect content for “success stories” about project’s achievements.
- Identify key communication messages for dissemination to stakeholders and audiences in close collaboration with other IYF staff.
- Design sketches of mass media announcement.
- Plan events, workshops publicity, seminars, and press conferences.
- Map the forums where IYF will be represented and propose attendance.
- Manage media inquiries and arrange interviews, statements, etc.
- Build long-term relationships with influences and key stakeholders.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of IYF’s policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Collaborate with MaC team to brainstorm content ideas, in line with IYF’s strategy and in support of its initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication initiatives with the team.
- Prepare high quality monthly, quarterly, and/or annual progress reports, including analysis of specific project impacts/results.
- Other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities)
Previous working experience as communications specialist for 2 years.
- Bachelors’ degree in communications, public relations, or similar relevant field.
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Photo, video, and editorial content supervising skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish required.
- Exceptional public speaking and writing skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Critic and strategic thinking, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Solid “troubleshooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with project partners experiencing implementation challenges.
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus.
- Knowledge of/experience developing programs that support entrepreneurship, employment, financial inclusion, gender and or social services (e.g. education, business development services).
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with " Communications Officer" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.