Corporate & Foundation Partnerships Internship
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION(IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
Intern, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships (CFP)
SUPERVISOR & DEPARTMENT
Manager, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP
Under the supervision of the Manager, CFP, the intern will provide overall administrative, research, and coordination support towards achieving 2023 CFP Strategic Goals. The intern will assist the CFP team in researching and shortlisting prospective funders and opportunities, as well as conducting desk research and developing briefing materials for potential funders. Funders should be identified primarily for IYF’s work in the US, specifically serving Black and Latinx youth in Chicago, IL and Washington, DC but also some international funders as well. The intern will learn to apply research and learn about the strategy and practical application of fundraising for a nonprofit.
- Supporting IYF’s Corporate and Foundations pipeline by:
- Finding new funding opportunities through databases, monitoring relevant listservs, press releases, peer organization research, events, and lapsed IYF funding records.
- Vetting existing lists of funders and preparing internal research summaries on alignment, budget size, proposal logistics, and key stakeholders.
- Supporting the CFP team on next steps to contact and build relationships with well-aligned prospective funders.
- Copy-editing proposals, external-facing presentations, or other relevant documents for CFP team members
- Updating and managing CFP’s data management database, STORM[MB1]
- Contributing to other projects, as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least a year of professional development experience, which can include internships, volunteer work, student run organizations, etc.
- Fluency in English required with preference for Spanish proficiency
- Microsoft Office and Teams familiarity
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, and multitasking skills
- Desire to learn more about nonprofit fundraising, global development, and/or positive youth development
Compensation & Schedule
- Undergraduate Students: $16/hr Graduate students: $20/hr
- Expected start date: June 5th
- Expected end date: September 5th
- Hours: 20/week
(Note: Hours are negotiable to fit intern's schedule)
Please send your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading "CFP Internship".
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.