Curriculum Development Specialist (2 Vacancies)
Deputy Program Director, Green Skills
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
As part of IYF’s subcontractor role to DAI in the United Kingdom Skills For Prosperity Green Skills Programme in Mexico the Curriculum Development Specialist for Green Skills will be responsible for the adaptation of curricular materials for public education and training institutions of the following seven curricula:
- Energy Efficiency: Transition towards a Sustainable Education
- The future of transport, electromobility economics and engineering. New opportunities for the automotive industry Module.
- Introduction to green skills for prosperity - circular economy module
- Improving the performance of distributed solar photovoltaic systems module
- Promoting the transition to solar energy for heating applications in the residential, industrial, and commercial sectors
- Improving the performance of solar water heating systems
- Technical English for Energy Module
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adapt curricula to meet the needs of partner educational institutions by developing curricular materials including but not limited to: teaching and learning strategy, evaluation strategy, teaching sequence, evaluation materials (evaluation manual, exams, and exercises), didactic materials and bibliographic references.
- Maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including educational institutions.
- Establish and monitor progress on workplans for the adaptation of each package of curricular materials including the detection and resolution of any obstacles.
- Provide inputs for program reports and contribute to periodic presentations and other communications materials in English and Spanish.
- Advise on instructor training and equipment requirements.
- Other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities)
- 5+ years of experience developing curricula for Mexican public educational institutions.
- University degree.
- Demonstrated working experience with industry partners and technical experts to design curricula aligned with dynamic industry demand.
- Demonstrated ability to translate diverse technical competencies into curricular documentation required by an array of Mexican public educational institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education curricular models.
- Demonstrated mastery of diverse pedagogies including active learning, project based learning and other methods to develop higher order thinking skills through technical training.
Submit the following documents in English via email:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico. This position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.