Data Visualization Specialist
IYF stands by, for, and with young people. Founded in 1990 through a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, IYF is a global nonprofit with programs directly benefiting 7.7 million young people and operations spanning 100 countries so far. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that education, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. IYF: Transforming Lives, Together.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONSULTANCY
IYF seeks a consultant or firm to produce a series of compelling dynamic data visualizations for IYF’s website to highlight organizational achievements and describe progress over time. The graphics and dashboards, built using Microsoft Power BI, will showcase key up-to-date indicators from IYF’s ongoing and recent projects for website visitors, including agency-level strategic objective indicators and other cross-project data disaggregated by sociodemographic characteristics, geographies, funding partner, and others.
The ideal consultant will have demonstrated technical expertise in data visualization (e.g., Power BI) and familiarity with Salesforce. IYF will prioritize identifying an individual or firm with visual storytelling and creative thinking skills.
SCOPE OF WORK & DELIVERABLES
- Review IYF’s website, Measurement, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Policy, Transformation 2025 Strategy and what data currently is collected.
- Make recommendations to IYF on how best to maximize the value of existing data through graphical representations.
- Develop, in consultation with IYF, and in alignment with IYF’s Brand Guidelines, at least 15 distinct, compelling dynamic data visualizations using Power BI Desktop, which can serve as templates for IYF’s nine KPIs and current and future needs.
- Provide IYF with all files.
- Provide IYF with written instructions on how IYF can maintain and update all visualizations.
- Provide virtual training to key IYF staff that will update and maintain the data visualizations on the IYF website.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals and firms should submit to Amy M. Hardeman Zangari, Senior Technical Advisor, Measurement, Evaluation, Research and Learning:
- A brief proposal (maximum five pages) outlining the suggested approach
- Proposed project timeline, with deliverable dates and estimated number of hours (or days) required for each milestone
- CV for key contact(s)
- IYF’s Consultant Biodata Sheet
- Detailed budget
- At least three relevant samples
All proposals must be received by 2 August 2021 in order to be considered.
Finalists will be contacted and invited for interviews by 13 August 2021.
Selected consultant will be notified by 17 August 2021.
All work is expected to be completed no later than 30 November 2021.
Thank you for your interest in IYF.