Deputy Program Director
Colombia Country Director
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Director will provide strategic guidance and leadership related to the planning, management, and implementation of assigned IYF youth employment programs overseen from the Colombian office. Program direction will include overseeing and managing program operations; ensuring proper oversight of IYF personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinating with other stakeholders in the region to ensure that IYF leverages effective resources in implementing the project initiatives. S/he will also be responsible for establishing strong relationships with the appropriate donor representatives and serve as the liaison with the donor. The Program Director will be responsible for overseeing overall program implementation for assigned programs. S/he will supervise program staff assigned to projects under her/his direction.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall strategic management of assigned programs related to employment competencies, innovation and learning initiatives ensuring all aspects of the programs are well coordinated, executed on time, and maximize the resources and talents, and that the outcomes and impacts are achieved. This includes the development of an overall plan for the program, annual plans, budgets, timelines, and other required deliverables which are essential for good execution.
- Support and supervise staff and consultants involved in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of this program.
- Maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including donors and government officials in Colombia and the Latin-American region.
- Ensure fiscal integrity and with support from IYF administrative and financial staff, compliance with all donors and IYF rules and regulations with support from IYF award management staff.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Responsible for creating a communications strategy for assigned programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic management of complex programs across multiple sites.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in youth employability issues, upper and/or higher education and training, education, or labor policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive, and creative manner and to apply solid “troubleshooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with partners experiencing implementation challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically within Colombian, the LAC region and the US as required.
- A master’s degree or higher in economics, education, management, public administration or a closely related field, or relevant years of experience, is preferred.
- Experience in planning and implementing programs related to the IT sector, preferably employment (formal or informal) and/or self-employment projects for young people in the Americas region.
- Expertise and proven track record of design/operational delivery in the areas of Education and skills development.
- Demonstrated experience managing donor-funded programs
Bogota or Medellin, Colombia
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English via email to [email protected] with the subject line Deputy Program Director, Colombia. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply before September 15, 2022.
For this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Colombia; this position is a local hire position in Colombia.
Please note that only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.