Digital Content Specialist (Assets, Strategy & Knowledge)
Digital Content Specialist, Assets, Strategy, and Knowledge Unit (ASK)
Remote – This position is open to candidates in IYF’s current countries of operations (USA, Mexico, Colombia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and Palestine). Please note: IYF will not provide work authorization to individuals applying to this position.
Technical Advisor, Digital Development
Coordinator, Digital – Assets, Strategy, and Knowledge Unit
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
IYF is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to lead the development of an online course designed to prepare young adults for the jobs of the future using business processes and low-code software. This is supported by two global multinational corporations and will operate in close collaboration with regional and national implementing partners. The content development team is expected to build partnerships with organizations in the United States, Argentina, and Australia to drive priority market insight and training adoption with possible expansion to additional countries.
This position requires strong product development and budget management skills; exceptional cross-cultural, interpersonal and teamwork skills; effective relationship management and communication skills; and a passion for building/deploying digital skills training programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in vendor management, instructional design, learning and development approaches, and/or digital skills delivery. The Digital Content Specialist sits in the Assets, Strategy, and Knowledge (ASK) unit, which serves as the technical hub of IYF and supports IYF growth through product incubation, program design, implementation, evidence generation, knowledge sharing, and thought leadership.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Content Development Process and Vendor Management
- Lead a process that builds on an existing Activity-based Design to produce an online, self-paced 15-hour low-code/business training program by April 2023. This includes, but is not limited to development vendor contracting, management, quality assurance, beta testing, partner cultivation, and product launch.
- Manage user testing of the solution, as well as both customer experience (CX) research and strategy to ensure end-user service support is aligned to youth and partner needs.
- Identify consultant and vendor needs, develop scopes of work, manage procurement of services, and oversee these services with partners and IYF technical advisors as needed.
- Coordinate with IYF’s Asset Strategy and Knowledge Unit to drive the content development process, produce creative promotion assets, and design the course’s evaluation and direct-to-youth marketing activities.
Financial and Contract/Grant Management:
- Manage the grant and associated contract budget, vendor payments and milestones in collaboration with a Regional Finance Manager and serve as the budget holder.
- Manage compliance with award terms and IYF policies, expense forecasting, and spending targets in line with workplans. Support due diligence, audit, and performance monitoring processes.
- Produce progress reports as required by funder agreements in consultation with the Digital Development team, and work with finance team to ensure alignment of funding agreements and financial reports.
Learning & Knowledge Management:
- Collaborate with Measurement, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) colleagues to support the design and management of course MERL systems.
- Ensure asset information, data, and contacts are maintained in IYF’s knowledge management platforms, as well as internal knowledge sharing and information transfer for internal learning.
- Provide exemplary technical advisory and support services on content development and other digital subject matter areas to IYF projects and departments as assigned.
Representation and Communication:
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with donors, partners, relevant government authorities, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders as assigned.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the training course with assigned partners and their teams, in addition to building and maintaining new relationships with global partners.
- Collaborate with IYF’s communications staff to showcase success, highlight partner impact, and elevate youth voices, in addition to serving as a representative of IYF for external engagements.
- Participate in full business development proposal cycle to help IYF position for new business opportunities.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience with multi-faceted, youth education programming in the United States and internationally. Experience delivery multi-country initiatives and digital skills trainings preferred.
- Digital product management experience, including work planning, budget management, and relationship management. Candidates should have experience managing vendor contracts valued over 100,000 USD.
- Excellent strategic planning, presentation, team building, creative problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, as well as an analytical ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Experience developing creative assets and communication strategies that reflect the impact of mission-driven work. Experience in corporate-funded or digital projects is preferred.
- Capacity to work successfully within cross-cultural settings and make sound judgments in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional oral and written English skills. Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft 365. Knowledge of online information systems (e.g. Salesforce), collaboration platforms (e.g. OneNote and SharePoint), and creative tools (e.g. Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and video/eLearning authoring software) a benefit.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time, within the United States and internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as youth development, education, education administration, computer science, business management, or other social sciences.
This position is currently funded through June 30, 2023, with the potential for renewal.
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] Put "Digital Content Specialist" in the subject heading.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications from people of all cultures, experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.