Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
Organization headquarters based in Baltimore, MD; remote working will be considered.
EVP, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
Yes, 2-3 staff
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
In this exciting and challenging development position, you will lead IYF’s work with corporations and foundations, raising at least $11 million in the first year with annually increased targets that will directly impact IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, you will identify and cultivate donor and partner relationships, position for and pursue funding opportunities, and generate innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. As you drive corporate and foundation funding opportunities, you will identify and develop public-private partnerships in collaboration with IYF’s Business Development Unit that will leverage shared-value opportunities. You will also lead the sale of IYF’s award-winning life skills training program, Passport to Success, to non-profits and other partners.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the execution of IYF’s Corporate and Foundation Partnership (CFP) strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal of at least $11 million in 2021 and position IYF as a leader in the youth development sector. Adapt the strategy in response to and anticipation of changing market conditions.
- Lead the CFP team in identifying funding opportunities with new and existing corporate and foundation partners by analyzing corporate and foundation funding trends, identifying new potential funders in the field of youth development, workforce development and systems change, and supporting country offices to generate and utilize local business intelligence.
- Oversee and support the production of high-quality business development outputs, such as expressions of interest, concepts, and proposals. Oversee proposal development and co-creation opportunities in accordance with established IYF processes and procedures, supporting cross-functional proposal teams to design and produce high quality submissions that comply with funder requirements and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners, in partnership with CFP and program staff and executive leadership. Market IYF programs and assets through thought leadership writing and events, and support IYF to be recognized as a partner of choice among donors, peer organizations and community stakeholders.
- Lead IYF’s commercialization of Passport to Success sales to companies, NGOs and schools including direct sales and reseller agreements.
- Supervise 2-3 staff who are part of the CFP team. Be responsible for the mentoring and professional development of staff, including, but not limited to, ensuring clear understanding of job requirements and obligations, inspiring superior job performance, and promoting innovation.
- Lead the coordination of strategy and activities with the IYF Official Development Assistance (ODA) Business Development team including the development of public-private partnerships and common approaches to program design, board reporting and technical input to proposal development.
- Serve as a member of the IYF Senior Leadership Team.
- Exceptional leadership, management, supervisory, analytical, and representational skills; the ability to identify and establish priorities, attend to all details in a professional manner, and exercise sound judgment in response to complex and sensitive situations.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in building and leading business development strategies with corporate and foundation funders, as well as a track record of success in securing funding from corporate and foundation donors for programs both internationally and in the U.S.
- Knowledge of and a strong network of relationships with the corporate funding and private foundation worlds.
- Strong proposal management and development skills, including designing, conceptualizing, writing and contributing to research and writing of successful proposals for corporate and foundation donors. Experience with the systems, processes, and opportunity identification for corporate and foundation funding.
- A collegial management style that emphasizes both achieving results and working with a highly skilled and diverse team of professional colleagues.
- Ability to make sound judgments, assume responsibility, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and balance priorities to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international team environment.
- Second language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or French preferred.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, Business or closely related field is required.
- Experience creating, disseminating, and institutionalizing best practices and strong business processes, and building staff capacities through formal and informal learning channels.
- Experience implementing youth development, education, civic engagement, and/or economic development in the international development or U.S. domestic context is a plus.
This position is being sourced for IYF by BroderickHaight Consulting. Those interested in applying for the position should send a resume and cover letter to Christina Hartman at email@example.com