Director, Finance & Administration
Finance and Administration Director
Chief of Party and Regional Finance Manager
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For thirty years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
IYF is seeking a Finance and Administration (F&A) Director responsible for the accounting, financial and administrative management, compliance and accountability, and human resources management for an anticipated five-year project in Jamaica funded by USAID, aimed at increasing youth’s civic engagement and building work readiness skills to bolster employment opportunities for them. This position requires significant experience in accounting and managing finance and administration of donor-funded activities. Jamaican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring for this position will be contingent upon funding from USAID.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounting/Finance o Responsible for all aspects of financial management and accounting.
- Records and accounts for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with IYF policies and procedures as well as USAID and the Government of Jamaica rules and regulations.
- Supports HQ with sample requests during IYF Institutional Audit.
- Leads the annual country audit process, by engaging with local audit firm and responding to any inquiries as required by local laws.
- Supports the awareness and prevention of fraud, bribery, and corruption; reports any suspected misconduct to IYF headquarters; and assists with periodic risk assessments and trainings.
- Submits monthly documentation to IYF USA for month-end closing.
- Ensures sound cash management of local bank accounts and maintains petty cash fund.
- Processes cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Processes payroll, collects timesheets, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies.
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment.
- Processes employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensures timely payment to all IYF payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for IYF Baltimore and internal management reports containing budget to actual expenditure information.
- Performs month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Maintains monthly schedules, including inventory, Paid-Time-Off (PTO) tracking, etc.
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy and in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Serves as the financial liaison to IYF-USA Headquarters, local NGOs, other implementing partners, and implementing units.
- Prepares and submits reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
- Provides assistance to project staff in office and project budget preparation and updates.
- Oversees sub-grantee/sub-contractor financial management and monitoring, reviews budgets and financial reports, identifies technical assistance and capacity building needs, and implements appropriate compliance controls in response to risks.
- Directly supervises technical staff as assigned, including providing regular professional support and coaching to supervisees, assessing their performance, and recommending areas for improvement to achieve annual objectives and project goals.
- Manages all matters related to the operations and administration of the office.
- Ensures registration requirements are always kept current and files statutory returns.
- Oversees administration of human resources, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, assisting with recruitments and orientation procedures, purchasing, and maintaining adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
- Manages local information technology contract ensuring infrastructure needs of the office are met, including properly functioning IT equipment, routine maintenance, security over IT (anti-virus software and regular backups).
- Carries out any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party and Regional Finance Manager.
- Willingness to travel within Jamaica up to 25%.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and seven to eight years of work experience.
- Three years of experience in a supervisory role leading the accounting, finance, and administration of donor-funded activities.
- Experience in Jamaica is required.
- Substantial financial management and compliance experience on multi-million-dollar and multiyear USAID awards, with a strong understanding of USAID policy, procedural, vetting and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Jamaican accounting practices, applicable taxes implications, and relevant laws.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, follow up, and execute.
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with an ability to understand sensitivities in dealing with a wide variety of people from many countries and cultures.
- Ability to manage projects, deadlines, and priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams required. Adaptive Insights, QuickBooks accounting and reporting package experience a plus.
- Spoken and written fluency in English required. Fluency in Jamaican Patois is a plus.
Please submit your CV in English via email to [email protected] with "Finance and Administration Director" in the subject line. To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Jamaica; this position is a local hire position in Jamaica. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.