Employee Relations Specialist, South Africa
Employee Relations Specialist
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our IYF South Africa Program team is expanding and we are currently recruiting for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team. In this role, the leader will be responsible for creating a productive relationship between the organization and its employees while ensuring that the company complies with the relevant labor laws. This leader will also be responsible for assisting with disciplinary and grievance processes.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise, support, investigate and manage ER / Disciplinary matters pro-actively pertaining to Misconduct, Discrimination, Grievances, Incapacity, Performance, Restructuring and Retrenchments, Sexual Harassment and any other related Employee Relations matters
- Conduct legal and risk analysis of potential disputes to determine appropriate management strategy
- Recommend strategies and options to management during conciliation and meditation proceedings
- Draft and serve the necessary notice for procedures for disciplinary hearing, poor performance, ill health, grievance etc.
- Attend to all CCMA matters and prepare formal documentation. This includes analyzing settlement agreements drafted by CCMA/non-statutory mediators in order to assess the practical implications, risks, and possible liabilities
- Complete and submit of all disability applications
- Manage and report on Injuries on Duty (IOD) matters
- Chair and/or initiate disciplinary hearings when required
- Manage labor law Regulatory and reporting requirements (Remain up to date on labor law legislation amendments)
- Develop, refine, and interpret policies procedures, and negotiated agreements and advise management on their practical application
- Research and implement Employee Relations best practices within the program team
- Keep record of all disciplinary action taken and provide an Employee Relations Dashboard to the Country Director
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as an Employee Relations Specialist, Industrial Relations Labor Law practitioner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field
- Knowledge of Labor Relations Acts and Basic conditions of Employment Equity Act and Occupational Injuries Act
- Extensive knowledge of CCMA processes, rules and dispute resolutions
- An investigative background is desired
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com by March 17th, 2021.
Only applicants without work restrictions in South Africa should apply.