Finance and Administration Accounting Officer, Mexico
Finance & Administration Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Finance & Administration Accounting Officer will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support, handling day-to-day accounting, processing contracts, procurement, activity logistics and payments, and sub-award financial monitoring; and supporting working budget development in close collaboration with Program Managers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record and account for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures.
- Support Country Director, Program Director, and Program Managers by ensuring accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures
- Maintain procurement documentation, payment Logs and scan of monthly receipts and upload files on required portals
- Lead procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy, prepare cost and quality analyses and draft procurement instruments particularly purchase orders and contracts
- Coordinate all matters related to the administration of the México office, including annual returns and filing requirements to maintain IYF registration in good status.
- Assists in current registration requirements and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Assist on preparing monthly financial reports for IYF USA and internal management reports for the Country Director containing budget to actual expenditure information.
- Route out procurement request and invoice payment authorization emails for approval by responsible staff and Budget holder
- Ensure final invoices and receipts from suppliers meet requirements as prescribed by tax laws and are consistent with services provided/goods delivered
- Support the Program Managers and assigned Finance Lead from Global Finance & Administration Management (GFAM) in budget preparation and management through Working Budgets monthly reviews and updates
- Support in the external audit process and internal desk audits by providing requested documentation and explanations required
- Assist the Country Director, Program Director, and Program Managers in cash flow forecasting and cash management, as may be required
- Assist the Country Director, Program Director, Program Managers and assigned Finance Lead from GFAM in the preparations and submission of reports and filings in compliance with local government laws
- Provide assistance to prepare and submit reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
- Provide assistance to Finance & Administration Manager in cash flow forecasting, and cash management, as needed.
- Support procurement process, communicating with potential vendors, obtaining quotes, and preparing paperwork including invoices and procurement forms.
- Process local contracts, maintaining contracts log and all contract files.
- Maintains finance files in accordance with IYF File Plan and filing protocols.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (with accounting experience/knowledge).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills as well as ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with colleagues based in different countries required.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish language skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Excellent knowledge of and experience using Excel.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience COI, Quickbooks, CONTPAQ or similar accounting system.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience with payroll calculations, local and federal taxes as well as SAT webpage knowledge.
- Collaborative, tactful, solutions-driven, a team player.
Submit the following documents in English via email:
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico. This position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer.