Finance and Administration Coordinator, México
Finance and Administration Coordinator México
Finance and Administration Manager
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to accounting/financial management and some administration functions for the IYF country office under the coordinated supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager at México. This includes but is not limited to accounting for field office transactions; monthly financial reporting to Baltimore; cash management; maintaining office and financial records and files; and implementing and supervising adherence to policy, budgets and internal control measures. The position will implement procedures in compliance with IYF policies; manage payroll, staff reimbursements, and maintenance of personnel records; draft periodic and annual reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information. The position will track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses. The position will ensure funds availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with IYF policies prior to payments.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain finance records updated and accounts for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Assist with payroll procedures from preparation to payment.
- Assist in ensuring sound cash management of local bank accounts and maintains petty cash fund.
- Support compliance with donor requirements; e.g. maintaining logs, scanning receipts and uploading files to required portals (e.g. IYF, Dropbox, etc.)
- Coordinate procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy, obtain quotes and offers, prepare cost and quality analyses, and draft procurement instruments (e.g. purchase orders and contracts).
- Coordinate contracting activities in accordance with IYF contracts policy, obtain documents from contractors, maintain contract tracker, initiate contract process for new contracts and amendments, interfacing with service providers and ensuring signed contracts are saved in files.
- Aid Finance & Administration Manager in cash flow forecasting, and cash management, as needed.
- Responsible for completion and delivering of pay slips for Mexico Office employees.
- Assist on maintaining sufficient and complete payee files.
- Assist on preparing monthly financial reports for IYF USA and internal management reports for the Country Director containing budget to actual expenditure information.
- Aid prepare and submit reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
- Manage Insurance processes and carry out the necessary procedures to keep it updated.
- Responsible for full accounts payable process, from requisition through to payment
- Performs month-end closing duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, review of contracts tracking sheet, submission of QB backup and submits random audit sample documentation, etc.
- Coordinate all matters related to the administration of the México office, including annual returns, and filing requirements to maintain IYF registration in good status.
- Assists in current registration requirements and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Assist with managing local information technology contract ensuring infrastructure needs of the office are met, including properly functioning IT equipment, routine maintenance, security over IT (anti-virus software and regular backups).
- Maintain office files organized.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Identify any problems and challenges that may arise and suggest solutions accordingly.
- Coordinate with Finance & Administration Manager in managing the office lease to make sure it is current, and amendments are processed as required.
- Assist Finance & Administration Manager in the coordination with the local information technology contract.
- Provide logistical support for program activities, events and workshops, as needed.
- Coordinate different activities from Admin Assistant.
- Assist with Human Resources duties such as administrative orientation to new employees and human resources policies.
- Assist with social security updates for México´s staff members.
- Any other administration duties assigned by the Country Director and Finance and Administration Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting 1-2 years relevant work experience with non-profit organizations, as well as multi-office, multi-national environment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic, high-pressure environment. Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills as well as ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with colleagues based in different countries required.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish language skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Excellent knowledge of and experience using Excel.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience COI, Quickbooks, CONTPAQ or similar accounting system.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience with payroll calculations, local and federal taxes as well as SAT webpage knowledge .
- Collaborative, tactful, solutions-driven, a team player.
Mexico City, Mexico
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Finance Coordinator - México" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.