Media & Communications Intern
About International Youth Foundation (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
Purpose of the Internship
The MaC intern will contribute to the creation and implementation of social media posts and campaigns—sometimes leading, sometimes supporting. They will post content on IYF’s social media channels, giving them the opportunity to engage with IYF’s audiences across different platforms and share their own voice and ideas while aligning with IYF’s brand identity. In addition to daily tasks, the MaC intern will work with team members to plan/manage/finalize a video project—for example, a 2-minute video spotlighting staff/program from different countries or regions to showcase what IYF is doing around the globe. If you are a collaborative, open-minded person who’s interested in the power of messaging and storytelling, this could be the internship for you. Check out this blog post, written by a MaC intern named Brandi, to get an “inside scoop.”
Communications Manager (supported by whole team)
Remote (This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students that have authorization to work in the United States. Please note that IYF does not offer sponsorship for this internship)
- Develop your writing voice while contributing to IYF’s “brand voice and identity.”
- Contribute to the strategizing, planning, and implementation of social media posts and campaigns.
- Draft/revise/publish social media messages for use on IYF channels.
- Draft/revise/send email messages to update and inform IYF staff about new opportunities, requests, etc.
- Provide critical (and very much appreciated) support to other MaC team members.
- Be curious and ask lots of questions.
- Be an enthusiastic, inclusive ambassador for communications at IYF.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience as an engaged, active user of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
- Willingness to engage and collaborate creatively with team members.
- Enthusiasm for storytelling—writing, video, image, etc.
- Fast learner.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
Compensation and Schedule
- Undergraduate Students: $16/hr Graduate students: $20/hr
- Expected start date: June 5th
- Expected end date: July 21st
- Hours: 15 - 20 hrs/week
(Note: Hours are negotiable to fit intern's schedule)
Please send your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading "Media & Communications Internship". In your letter of interest, please address the following:
- How do you identify as BIPOC and/or with another underrepresented or historically marginalized group?
- Why are you interested in this opportunity with IYF?