MERL Manager (LAC), Mexico
MERL Manager, LAC
Regional Director, Americas (LAC), with technical oversight of Senior Technical Advisor, MERL.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The MERL Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of Measurement, Evaluation, Research & Learning practice in the LAC portfolio. This role will support the application of capacity strengthening assessments and ensure that regional programs are applying the appropriate frameworks, tools and knowledge sharing to equip young people with sills to secure and maintain employment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Senior Technical Advisor to support the design, management and implementation of the MERL systems.
- Manage programs and performance data through IYF’s Systematic Tracking and Organizational Records Management System (STORM), IYF’s management information system built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Manage advancement of IYF´s Learning Agenda in LAC region, in collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor and key program staff.
- Participate in the development of performance measurement frameworks for Regional-related proposal development and project implementation efforts (e.g., theories of change, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, evaluation and learning plans).
- Provide technical support to all aspects of the portfolio to ensure monitoring and evaluation plans are followed in a highly effective manner. Seek out ways to improve efficiency in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to IYF LAC team and partners to ensure compliance and accuracy of data collection, STORM management and reporting through regular coaching, data quality audits and monitoring visits.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of a strategic approach to learning and knowledge sharing within the regional portfolio trat adheres to IYF’s global approach.
- Manage performance measurement of programs in the portfolio and produce performance and learning reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement the assigned portfolio’s MERL plans. Propose ideas to enhance learning and sharing of monitoring data and evaluation outcomes.
- Represent IYF at local/regional events related to the assigned portfolio.
- Conduct other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (economics, international development, mathematics, education, quantitative methods, engineering, finance etc.); advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in related field, including 2 or more years of experience using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies in measurement, evaluation, and learning (MERL) activities for program performance.
- Experience managing rigorous evaluations and knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health) preferred.
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and education is preferred.
- Strong computer skills/experience working with one or more types of data analysis and management software (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R, etc.), and data storage solutions (e.g., Salesforce, MySQL, etc.). Excellent knowledge of and experience using Excel.
- Data-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytic and communication skills and a commitment to global youth development.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with data quality assessments and audits.
- Strong program management, presentation, team-building and interpersonal skills, as well as an analytical ability to identify and establish priorities and attend to all details in a professional manner.
- Experience conducting assessments and using qualitative and quantitate tools (focus group discussions, surveys, interviews). Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information to inform planning and strategy.
- Knowledge of and experience with ODA donor requirements for MERL (e.g. USAID, EU, DFID).
- Exceptional written and oral [Spanish and] English language. Professional proficiency in Portuguese and/or French a plus.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to youth development and a values-driven work environment.
Mexico City, Mexico
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "MERL Manager - México" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.