Procurement & Administrative Assistant
***To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Ethiopia as this position is a local hire position. Applications will be reviewed as received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Procurement and Administrative Assistant
Finance & Administration Officer (based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
The International Youth Foundation® (IYF®) stands by, for, and with young people. Founded in 1990 through a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, IYF is a global nonprofit with programs directly benefiting 7.7 million young people and operations spanning 100 countries so far. We connect young people with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people that possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. The International Youth Foundation: Transforming Lives, Together. To learn more about the International Youth Foundation, please join us at iyfglobal.org.
IYF is one of the implementing partners of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Ethiopia’s Integrated Youth Activity – Kefeta; a five-year, $60 million activity recently awarded to the lead Amref Health Africa (Amref) and its consortium partners. Integrating democracy and governance, basic education, higher education, and health, Kefeta takes a holistic approach to support economic and social opportunities for youth in Ethiopia.
The Amref-led consortium’s vision of success for Kefeta is Ethiopian youths who are game changers: empowered to advance their own economic, civic, and social development; resilient in the face of shocks; actively promoting development within their communities and contributing to the country’s peace and prosperity. Kefeta will benefit the lives of at least two million Ethiopian youths aged 15-29 in 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Bishoftu, Adama, Dire Dewa, Harar, Jigjiga, Debre Berhan, Kombolcha, Desie, Bahir Dar, Mekele, Assossa, Gambella, Hawassa, Semera/Logia, Shashemane, Jimma and Dila) building their agency and capacity for advocacy, linking them to economic opportunities, and improving their access to youth-friendly services (YFS).
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the project by completing all standard procurement and logistics needs of the IYF project team in compliance with the institutional policies and donor rules and regulations. The incumbent will also support the project with all the administrative needs of the IYF office.
The main duties and responsibilities for this position are as below:
- Maintain an up-to-date procurement and contracts tracker.
- Follow up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
- Lead in collecting quotes from suppliers and analyzing offers with a technical committee of employees.
- Ensure that the procurement procedures are fully documented, transparent, and in conformity with the organization's procurement policies and donor requirements, through purchase requests, supplier names, quotations, price analysis, and purchase reports.
- Lead in routing out invoice approvals to facilitate payments.
- Assist and provide guidance in preparation of travel plans, make hotel reservations and travel ticket bookings ahead of trips, cohorts with the team.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- The position requires a dynamic, self-motivating, self-driven, and forward-thinking personality capable of working with various technical teams. This requires high engagement with the team at all levels in this office.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills: the ability to manage sub-contracted implementing partners, organize multiple and simultaneous tasks, and deliver results within a specified timetable
- Proven interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure within a multicultural environment and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic office software tools (MS Office suite) and use of relevant IT solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in supporting projects funded by USAID in a similar role preferably in the NGO sector.
- Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other related field.
- Working knowledge of English and Amharic and any other local languages will be preferred.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to [email protected] with “Procurement and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Country Office Application for Employment
- Resume – maximum 3 pages
- Cover Letter
All applications must be received by close of business on 02 June 2023.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.