Program Assistant, Mexico
Program Manager, based in Mexico City
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The position will support the IYF Mexico team with administrative and logistics tasks for multiple projects in Mexico, mainly in the CDMX Metro area. This entails supporting project activities such as: office assistance, team member coordination, event logistics, basic data gathering, cleaning and processing, amongst other required by the projects. The Program Assistant will be based in Mexico City, she/he is expected to attend on full-time availability and will operate mostly in an out of office/home office modality
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support for administrative and programmatic needs related to projects implemented in Mexico.
- Provide administrative, operational and logistical support to all project related activities, including finance, procurement, planning and logistics tasks.
- Provide assistance in social media program communications related activities
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, assist in planning and logistics for technical workshops, offsite meetings and stakeholder events, interfacing with vendors, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Coordinate travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for staff, visitors and consultants.
- Provide constant support to the Program team with the different activities related to data gathering, monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure strong coordination between the different activities implemented.
- Provide support for the development of materials for trainings, program communications and other meetings required by the projects.
- Keep an updated database of the different projects’ reports.
- Local travel (when possible) to supervise operations and occasionally (10% total time at most) travel to other states in Mexico for other program activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of political sciences, economy, psychology, management; advanced degree is a plus.
- 1-2 years of related practical experience in the administrative department with a local or international NGO in Mexico.
- 1-2 years’ experience in facilitation or management of online/remote training is desirable.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Database management desirable.
- Social media management desirable.
Mexico City, Mexico
Please submit the following documents in English via email to [email protected] with " Program Assistant" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.