Green Skills Deputy Program Director
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As part of IYF’s subcontractor role to DAI in the United Kingdom Skills For Prosperity Green Skills Programme in Mexico the Program Coordinator for Green Skills will provide technical and operational support to the Green Skills Programme.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to the Green Skills Programme, including regular support and interface with IYF’s Baltimore staff and local partners.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including case management, training, recruitment and job placement as well as knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts in particular.
- Assist with the update and development of administrative documents.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment to the consultants.
- Assist project teams, including with arrangement of flights, lodging, meetings, workshops/events (including agendas/materials) and other relevant travel documents and expense reports.
- Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of country gap/situation analyses in workforce development, entrepreneurship and employability issues, and for other regional information needs.
- Support Program team with monitoring and evaluation tasks, beneficiary database management, report preparation, and other data processing-related activities in conjunction with M&E department.
- Work in close collaboration and follow up on program development with partners in different states of Mexico. Occasional travel will be needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent time management and administrative/organizational skills. Thorough knowledge and experience in building office systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
- Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Work experience in Mexico
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment among opportunity or otherwise marginalized youth, education/training, and/or social services preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Mexico City, Mexico. Occasional travel across the country will be required.
Please submit the following documents in English via email:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico. This position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer.