Program Coordinator, México
Program Officer, México
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Coordinator provides administrative, technical, and operational support to IYF’s new Global LATAM Program in México funded by Microsoft and to the EquipYouth México Program funded by Caterpillar Foundation, as well as other coordination and partnership development efforts. This position requires an individual with a positive team spirit, enthusiasm to integrate into a growing and highly dynamic team, and commitment to a collaborative approach in working as part of a global team. The Program Coordinator requires strong organizational, information management, customer service, and administrative skills; a keen desire to learn and grow professionally; and a passion for building young people’s capacity to create, connect and catalyze.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to programs in México, including regular support and interface with IYF’s staff and local partners.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure time receipt, approval, processing, and payment to the consultants.
- Keep an updated database of the different projects' reports and support Program team with monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Support Program team with monitoring and evaluation tasks, beneficiary database management, report preparation, and other data processing related activities in conjunction with Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) department.
- Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of country gap/situation analyses in workforce development, entrepreneurship and employability issues, and for other regional information needs.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent time management.
- Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office 365 products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience in a field relevant to IYF's mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Remote, México. Occasional travel across the country may be required.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to [email protected] with "México – Microsoft Program Coordinator" in the subject line by November 18th, 2022:
- Completed IYF Country Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in México; this position is a local hire position in México. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.