Program Coordinator, Latin America & Caribbean
Program Coordinator, Latin America & Caribbean
Country Director, Colombia Country Office
To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s programs that are implemented from the Colombian office in different countries of the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region, specifically related to IT disciplines (Google & Microsoft certificates and others) as well as other program coordination and partnership development efforts.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to programs in LAC, including regular support and interface with local partners and IYF’s staff in U.S. headquarters and other country offices.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Assist with the update and development of administrative documents, platforms and systems.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment to grantees or consultants.
- Assist project teams, including with arrangement of flights, lodging, meetings, workshops/events (including agendas/materials) and other relevant travel documents and expense reports.
- Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of country gap/situation analyses in workforce development, IT readiness, entrepreneurship and employability issues, monitoring/ evaluation, proposal preparation, and for other regional information needs.
- Support Program team with updating, monitoring and evaluation tasks, beneficiary database management, report preparation, and other data processing related activities in conjunction with M&E department.
- Work in close collaboration and follow up on program development with partners in different countries of LAC. Occasional travel will be needed.
- Updating and handling all program documents in the different IYF platforms (Share Point, Teams & Phub)
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Proficiency in Portuguese or French, desired.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent time management and administrative/organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
- Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Share Points, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in database management.
- Willingness to learn and interact with various virtual training and educational Platforms, certifications, and courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Work experience in the LAC region.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Bogota or Medellin, Colombia
Matteria (www.matteria.co) has been retained by the International Youth Foundation (IYF) to conduct a search for a suitably qualified individual to undertake the position of Program Coordinator. If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of the following to Ms. Beatriz White, at [email protected] with "FO Colombia Program Coordinator – Your Name" in the subject line along with the following documents:
- Completed IYF Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
This position is a local hire position in Colombia. To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Colombia.
Please note that only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.