Deputy Program Director
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
As part of IYF’s new program “Youth Powering Mexico’s Energy Transition” in Mexico the Program Manager will be responsible for technical oversight and input of program management including relationships with partners and stakeholders, activity implementation and follow up; development of training plans, curriculum and training programs; delivery of training; and identification of additional technical specialists as needed. Specific project implementation support may include monitoring and other administrative support activities as assigned.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall strategic management if program activities (skills gap analysis with industry groups, curriculum development and pilot, instructor training, curricular integration planning) ensuring all aspects of the programs are well coordinated, executed on time and maximize the resources and talents, and that the outcomes and impacts are achieved.
- Maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including donor, educational institutions and Mexico government officials.
- Monitor the implementation of program activities including the detection and resolution of any obstacles for reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Draft program reports and contribute to periodic presentations and other communications materials in English and Spanish.
- Manage contractors under program. Develop scopes of work for contractors and process coordination related to evaluating proposals and preparation for selection. Monitor contractors and consultants in their compliance with the terms of their agreements.
- Ensure logistical organization, including planning and delivery with local partners and contractors of all capacity transfer activities including workshops, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities)
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Education, Social Science, Economics, and Public Policy).
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies and/or programs. Ability to understand the trends on youth needs and youth training for their insertion in the labor market, especially in Mexico.
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementation and monitoring workforce development and education to employment projects in Mexico and working experience with industry partners and technical experts to design curricula aligned with dynamic industry demand.
- Experience working in Mexico with competency-based education systems, engaging productive sector in workforce development strategies aimed at youth in upper/post-secondary education on multi-year programs preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Mexico City or Remote in Mexico
Submit the following documents in English via email:
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have legal authorization to work and reside in Mexico. This position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer.