Program Manager (EquipYouth México)
Program Manager (EquipYouth México)
Deputy Program Director, México
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we have invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it is landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Manager will support the Deputy Program Director to ensure successful execution of assigned programs. The Program Manager will be responsible for technical oversight and input of program management including relationships with partners and stakeholders, activity design, implementation, follow up and budget; identification of skills development needs and priorities; development of training plans, curriculum, and training programs; delivery of training to subcontractors and beneficiaries; and identification of additional technical specialists as needed. Specific project implementation support may include monitoring and other administrative support activities as assigned.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall program management ensuring all aspects are well coordinated and executed on time, maximizing resources and talents so outcomes and impacts are achieved. This includes the development and monitoring of an overall plan for the program, budget, timelines and other required deliverables are essential for efficient and agile program management.
- Manage and track program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing, and payment in alignment with program budget, safeguarding accurate expense forecasting and achievement of spending targets in line with program workplans and in accordance with donor rules and regulations and IYF´s policies and processes.
- Collaborate with the MERL unit to support the design and management of monitoring and evaluation systems for assigned initiatives. Ensure project information, data, and relevant contacts are maintained in STORM (IYF´s CRM software) and other IYF knowledge platforms that aggregate organizational performance and impact.
- Support the program’s communication strategy in accordance with funder requirements. This includes liaising with colleagues, program participants, partners, vendors, and donors; developing content including blogs, social media posts, videos, and interviews; and supporting product launch initiatives.
- Identify key regional stakeholders, cultivate, and maintain relationships with them. Organize, plan, and participate in meetings and events with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and effective coordination, serving as an external IYF representative as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communications with vendors, funders, grantees, and all other program partners to assess needs and provide support, ensuring partner contributions to program implementation are meaningful and foster local ownership of the interventions.
- Promote and facilitate sharing of good practices and learning within and between project teams, donors, grantees, and other partners.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program in Spanish and English, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Seek opportunities to expand and deepen youth agency, economic opportunity, and system change efforts for the program and IYF´s institutional goals.
- Supervise assigned program staff working in-site or remotely across multiple geographies, following IYF´s performance management process and providing support and coaching to direct reports.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor´s degree, or international equivalent, in International Development, Workforce Development, Education, Business, or Public Administration (or other closely related field) is required. Master´s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in international development and/or program management.
- Demonstrated program management experience and skills to develop and manage project plans, coordinate, and monitor projects and budgets, and clearly communicate changes and progress to executive staff.
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support employment and/or education. Experience in employability, life skills, gender equity, and/or career counseling preferred.
- Strong connections and working relationships with members of Mexico´s private sector and relevant educational entities preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies and/or programs. Ability to understand the trends on youth needs and youth training for their insertion in the labor market, especially in Mexico.
- Experience working in Mexico with competency-based education systems, engaging productive sector in workforce development strategies aimed at youth in upper/post-secondary education on multi-year programs preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written Spanish and English communication skills with a variety of audiences including business, government, general public and media.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Analytical ability to identify and establish priorities and attend do all details in a professional manner.
- Experience reporting clearly and comprehensively on a complex portfolio of activities. Excellent strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to “self-start”, take initiative, and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and team-building skills. Ability to work independently while coordinating with a remote team of colleagues, including supervision.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of time within Mexico, as well as occasional travel out-of-country.
Mexico, remote. Northern Mexican region is preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume in English to [email protected] with the subject heading: "Program Manager (EquipYouth México)".
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.