Program Manager, Mexico
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (IF APPLICABLE)
Program Coordinators, Consultants
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Manager will provide technical and managerial support for the Mexico portfolio at IYF. The ideal candidate will be an experienced program implementer, a self-starter with excellent relationship and negotiations management skills, and a commitment to youth development. The Program Manager will provide technical and project management to IYF programs in the region including, intervention design and implementation management; program reporting; development of tools and materials; contract management; logistical support and relationship management. This full-time position will be based in Mexico City. For more information about IYF, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall management of assigned programs ensuring all aspects of the programs are well coordinated, executed on time and maximize the resources and talents, and that the outcomes and impacts are achieved. This includes the development of an overall plan for the program, annual plans, budgets, timelines and other required deliverables which are essential for good execution.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of strong alliances at the local, state and federal levels and effective participation of multiple stakeholders (government, business, civil society organizations, and youth).
- Provide technical supervision to ensure that interventions are appropriately designed and effectively transferred to local management to ensure that they endure at scale beyond the life of funded programs.
- Monitor the implementation of program activities, prioritizing the resolution of any obstacles for reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Support the development, pilot and evaluation of research tools and guides related to IYF's workforce and systems approaches.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Ensure fiscal integrity and with support from IYF administrative and financial staff, compliance with all donor and IYF rules and regulations. Successfully engage private sector partners and others in an effort to leverage more resources and with support from IYF’s Business Development department, ensure financial commitments are secured.
- Ensure partner contributions to program implementation are meaningful and foster local ownership of the interventions.
- Foster and maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including donors and Mexico government officials. Act as the primary liaison to Mexican government partners as related to assigned programs.
- Support and supervise staff involved in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of this program.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, education, economics, business, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience managing and providing technical support to international development, youth development, education, economic development or workforce development programs.
- Demonstrated program management skills including managing workplans, budgets, project teams, relationships with key stakeholders, and vendors; solving complex problems; and managing conflict and negotiation in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Knowledge of best practices related to youth employment, education and gender equity is preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written Spanish and English communication skills with a variety of audiences including business, government, the general public and the media.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to work independently while coordinating with a remote team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time within the region.
Mexico City, Mexico
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Program Manager - México" in the subject line by January 31st , 2022:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.