Program Manager/ Pillar Lead for Relevance
Program Manager/Pillar Lead, Skills for Prosperity Mexico
Deputy Team Lead, Skills for Prosperity Mexico
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (IF APPLICABLE)
Roving Regional Officers
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Skills for Prosperity Program in Mexico is focused on three pillars: relevance, quality, and equity. If relevance is increased and quality is enhanced and equity is strengthened, then marginalized youth will have access to higher-quality and market-aligned vocational training and higher education that will put them on pathways to better quality jobs and increased incomes. The Program Manager/Pillar Lead for Relevance will drive programmatic direction and offer technical expertise to engage private sector with the program in order to incorporate industry demanded skills needed (socioemotional and technical) into TVET and HE curriculum. The position will also seek to establish Education for Employment (E2E) partnership between private and educational sectors to develop an effective linkage between both actors to align educational supply and talent demand. The Relevance Lead will manage relationships between private and educational sectors; design and implement training strategies regarding socio-emotional and technical skills; and design and implement career orientation strategies. The Relevance Lead will supervise the roving managers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall strategic management for relevance pillar activities (curricular alignment, life skills development, and curricular alignment) ensuring all aspects of the programs are well-coordinated, executed on time, and maximize the resources and talents, and that the outcomes and impacts are achieved.
- Maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, private sector representatives, and Mexican government officials.
- Monitor the implementation of program activities including the detection and resolution of any obstacles to reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Draft program reports and contribute to periodic presentations and other communications materials in English and Spanish.
- Manage contractors under program. Develop scopes of work for contractors and process coordination related to evaluating proposals and preparation for selection. Monitor contractors and consultants in their compliance with the terms of their agreements.
- Ensure logistical organization, including planning and delivery with local partners and contractors of all capacity transfer activities including workshops, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities)
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Education, Social Science, Economics, and Public Policy).
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies and/or programs. Ability to understand the trends on youth needs and youth training for their insertion in the labor market, especially in Mexico.
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementation and monitoring workforce development and education to employment projects in Mexico and working experience with industry partners and technical experts to design curricula aligned with dynamic industry demand.
- Experience working in Mexico with competency-based education systems, engaging productive sector in workforce development strategies aimed at youth in upper/post-secondary education on multi-year programs preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Mexico City or Chihuahua
Please submit the following documents in English via email:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico. This position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer.