Program Manager, United Kingdom Prosperity Fund Energy Programme
Program Director, Systems Change for Workforce Development (based in USA)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (IF APPLICABLE)
S/he will supervise program staff assigned to projects under his/her management. This person supervises Program Managers and Coordinators related to his/her program.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
As part of IYF’s subcontractor role to DAI in the United Kingdom Prosperity Fund Energy Programme in Mexico the Program Manager will provide strategic guidance and leadership related to the planning, management and implementation of the skills component of the Energy Programme as well as lead actions related to establishing and ensuring the sustainability of energy workforce ecosystems in two states (Jalisco and Tabasco). Hiring for this position will be contingent upon IYF securing funding from DAI for this activity and DAI’s approval of the candidate for this position.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with IYF supervisor and the DAI Team Lead, provide overall strategic management of the program, ensuring all aspects of the programs are well coordinated, executed on time and maximize the resources and talents, and that the outcomes and impacts are achieved. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and management of an overall plan for the Skills Component activities of the Energy Programme, annual plans, budgets, timelines and other required deliverables which are essential for good execution.
- Support and supervise staff and expert consultants involved in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of this program.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships with HE and TVET institutions in Jalisco and Tabasco. Foster and maintain excellent and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including donors and Mexico government officials. Act as the primary liaison to Mexican government partners as related to assigned programs.
- Ensure sustainability of EPI-Center´s energy workforce ecosystem ensuring that the roles, routines, rules and curricula needed to maintain the workforce ecosystem are institutionalized by partner HE and TVET institutions. Accompany curricular approvals process. Capability gap analyses of existing management system of TVET and HE. Provide technical assistance to key institutional leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic management of complex programs, just as strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Proven organizational skills necessary to manage multiple responsibilities. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Expertise and skills in the delivery of skills training, development of occupational standards, curriculum development, quality assurance, assessment and certification. Expertise in the current regulatory and education and skills policy frameworks of Mexico. Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies and/or programs. Ability to understand the trends on youth needs and youth training for their insertion in the labor market, especially in Mexico. Experience working in Mexico with competency-based education systems, engaging productive sector in workforce development strategies aimed at youth in upper/post-secondary education on multi-year programs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive and creative manner and to apply solid “troubleshooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with partners experiencing implementation challenges. Ability to identify problems and demonstrate creativity and flexibility in addressing problems, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Significant experience developing and supporting multi-stakeholder partnerships for systems change in Mexico, including education to industry partnerships. Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Experience in managing activities with teams with diverse backgrounds.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, education, public administration or a closely related field, or relevant years of experience, is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- 10-15 years of experience in planning and implementing multi-faceted development programs, preferably employment and/or self-employment projects for young people in the Americas region; and a proven track record of design/operational delivery in the areas of education and skills development, and in managing donor-funded programs, in youth employability issues, upper and/or higher education and training, education or labor policy development.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
Mexico City, Mexico
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Program Manager (UK PFEP) - México" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.