Program Officer (Gaza)
Program Officer (Gaza)
Senior Specialist, Institutional Capacity Strengthening
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
ABOUT POSITIVE YOUTH ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM (PYE)
Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) is a five-year, youth development program funded by USAID and implemented by Mercy Corps and in partnership in with the International Youth Foundation (IYF) and national organizations. PYE aims to provide 50,000 youth, age 10-19, with a transformational learning journey that includes a package of life skills training activities, ways to design innovative youth-led and community-based initiatives, and unique interventions to advance youth education and work opportunities that would position youth positively within their communities, families, and among their peers. Youth will play a key role in the design and implementation of the PYE program as part of related technical teams and committees and through the youth councils and safe spaces (youth hubs) that will be established under targeted community-based organizations (CBOs).
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will be responsible to coordinate and deliver project activities in assigned location in all Learning Component programmatic areas, including Life Skills, Work Readiness, Civic Engagement, Youth Led Initiatives & Leadership curricula and to provide support for other PYE programmatic components. The Program Officer, in collaboration with other PYE staff across the project consortium, will coordinate and implement project activities at the highest levels of technical quality for positive youth development and youth-responsive systems strengthening.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the design, development, adaptation and application of the Life Skills, and Civic Engagement, Youth Led Initiatives & Leadership curricula.
- Liaise with local implementing partners and with the PYE Pathway Component on the design and implementation of the youth-led initiatives that will be designed and led by program beneficiaries.
- Manage the day-to-day program partnerships, implementation of the core Learning programmatic activities, including organizational capacity assessment and planning, training and coaching on Passport to Success (Life Skills) and I-SERVE (Civic Engagement) curricula, and collecting and analyzing program data to measure progress toward program targets and objectives.
- Draft and edit program reports with evidence-based resources and data. Coordinate closely with other PYE staff and IYF global advisors to ensure accuracy and coherence between programmatic and financial reports.
- Maintain updated program information, data and records on PYE and IYF knowledge management platforms that aggregate program performance and impact.
- Complete other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in social sciences, education, business administration, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other NGOs, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This opportunity will be for a period of 12 months. The contract may be extended contingent on the availability of funding.
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] with "Program Officer (Gaza) in the subject line.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.