Program Officer, Mexico
Nuevo León or Coahuila preferred, Mexico
Program Manager, Mexico
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Officer will provide technical and managerial support for the Mexico portfolio at IYF. The ideal candidate will be an experienced program implementer, a self-starter with excellent relationship and negotiations management skills, and a commitment to youth development. In addition, the Program Officer will provide support for project development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation (M&E), relationship cultivation and management, activity design and implementation, monitoring and reporting, as well as contracts and logistics management. The Program Officer will coordinate with IYF’s country office Mexico staff and Baltimore staff in IYF´s headquarters to ensure the successful execution of programs.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Deputy Program Director and Program Manager in the successful implementation of assigned work to achieve each program outputs and outcomes in accordance with funder expectations, grant agreement, and work plans.
- Provide technical and project management support to IYF staff, to ensure agreements and work plans are developed and managed in a highly effective manner.
- Monitor the implementation of program activities, including the detection and resolution of any obstacles for reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Draft reports in English and Spanish and prepare and deliver presentations as assigned.
- Develop and use tools to synthesize data related to programs implementation, including detection and resolution of any obstacles to achieving projects goals.
- Develop work scopes for consultancies and process coordination related to scoring proposals and preparation for candidate selection. Coordinate contracting process with key personnel based in Mexico CO and Baltimore.
- Coordinate planning and delivery with local partners and consultants of all capacity building activities including workshops.
- Identify key regional stakeholders and cultivate and maintain relationships with them. Organize, plan and participate in meetings and events with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and effective coordination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of political sciences, economy, psychology, talent management; advanced degree is a plus.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy, particularly related to negotiation and conflict management in a multi-stakeholder environment is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies, labor market, and/or programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g., education, health) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think systemically to find viable solutions to complicated problems.
- Proven capacity to work on multi-cultural and/0r multi-disciplinary teams, experience working with international organizations and with at-risk youth in Mexico.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender principles, awareness and equity approaches is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work independently while coordinating with a remote team of colleagues.
- Capable of managing work in terms of program goals and indicators with minimal supervision.
- Strong program management, team-building and interpersonal skills, as well as an analytical ability to identify and establish priorities and attend to all details in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills. Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including business, government, the public and the media.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing and providing technical support to international development, youth development and education or workforce development programs.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Outlook PowerPoint. Excellent knowledge of and experience using Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time mainly within Mexico, as well as occasional travel out-of-country.
- Commitment to youth development and a values-driven work environment.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with “Program Officer, - followed by your location” in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Country Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.