Program Officer (Ramallah)
Program Officer (Ramallah)
Senior Specialist, Institutional Capacity Strengthening (based in Palestine)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) is a five-year, multi-million-dollar youth development program funded by USAID benefitting young Palestinian women and men ages 10-19. This position will be responsible to coordinate and deliver project activities in assigned location in all programmatic areas, including the Life Skills, Work Readiness and Civic Engagement & Leadership curricula. The Program Officer, in collaboration with other PYE staff across the project consortium, will coordinate and implement project activities at the highest levels of technical quality for positive youth development and youth-responsive systems strengthening.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the design, development, adaptation and application of the Life Skills, Work Readiness and Civic Engagement & Leadership curricula.
- Liaise with local implementing partners on the design and implementation of the community service projects and youth-led initiatives that will be designed and led by program beneficiaries.
- Manage the day-to-day program partnerships, implementation of the core programmatic activities, including organizational capacity assessment and planning, training and coaching on Passport to Success (Life Skills) and I-SERVE (Civic Engagement) curricula, and collecting and analyzing program data to measure progress toward program targets and objectives.
- Draft and edit program reports with evidence-based resources and data. Coordinate closely with other PYE staff and IYF global advisors to ensure accuracy and coherence between programmatic and financial reports.
- Maintain updated program information, data and records on PYE and IYF knowledge management platforms that aggregate program performance and impact.
- Research industry capability for the implementation of program components and products.
- Complete other duties as assigned (outside of CORE Responsibilities).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in social sciences, education, business administration, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in West Bank or Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other NGOs, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This opportunity will be for a period of 12 months. Contract may be extended contingent on availability of funding. Start date is to be determined contingent on availability of funding.
Please submit the following documents in English via email by 11th November 2021:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Palestine; this position is a local hire position in Palestine. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.