Programme Liaison Officer, South Africa
Programme Liaison Officer
Gauteng, South Africa
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
In South Africa, IYF partners to strengthen education and training systems including public TVET colleges and employer-led learnerships for unemployed youth so that they better equip young people to access and expand economic opportunity. We work with national government and TVET leaders to align courses with industry needs; we equip employers to deliver more impactful life skills training within their learnerships; and we create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education systems that improve young people’s lives while also delivering business benefits.
In South Africa, IYF’s mission is to: Support the strengthening of publicly-funded training systems, so that these systems better empower youth to access and expand economic opportunity in the country. Through this mission, we partner with government and businesses to improve learning and workforce outcomes for youth enrolled in the TVET college system, and for unemployed youth participating in learnerships.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Be at the Forefront of a Unique Public-Private Partnership
With a strong focus on stakeholder management, this role will present as a unique opportunity to work collaboratively on providing effective programme support to assigned youth skills development project(s) in South Africa, particularly those projects operated in close partnership with government and industry.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with project partners, including, donors, TVET college management and staff and national government stakeholders.
- Coordinate delivery of IYF technical assistance to project partners, including public TVET colleges and corporate clients.
- Facilitate continuous communications and coordinate meetings and or discussions with colleges, project partners, and project donors.
- Identify existing barriers to the effective engagement of our key stakeholders and develop communication and engagement initiatives that will enable increased stakeholder satisfaction.
- Manage processes related to delivery of staff training at IYF’s partner TVET colleges.
- The Programme Liaison will work with the IYF South Africa and Global teams to ensure full compliance with all donor rules and regulations.
- Monitor partners and consultants in their compliance with the terms and conditions of their agreements.
- Support delivery of project outcomes and deliverables, in accordance with approved work plans, grant agreements, and donor rules/regulations.
- Provide feedback to the Programme Manager on project strategies and activities.
- Follow an agile approach to managing projects and demonstrate the ability to derive creative solutions and rapidly pivot implementation plans based on prevailing circumstances.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager and Programme Coordinator to achieve project goals.
- Ensure that schedules, workplans and final implementation plans are developed and shared with the Programme Team timeously.
- Assist in the coordination to deliver all necessary events and workshops.
- Support meeting and workshop/event planning and related logistics.
- Document, catalogue and maintain project records
- Ensure that invoices are received in accordance with established vendor contracts, vetted against deliverables and submitted for processing, timeously.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all data is collected and entered into IYF’s online project monitoring system (either directly, or through assigned consultants). This includes following required processes to access data from IYF project partners, including public education providers.
- Synthesize project monitoring data in order to prepare performance reports and updates, including the programmatic sections for donor reports.
- Participate in and actively contribute toward annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Programme Manager in preparing relevant reports and work plans.
- An equivalent NQF Level 6 or higher Learning and Development related qualification.
- Relevant Undergraduate degree (e.g. Education, Social Sciences, etc.)
- Strong, project management skills with a demonstratable understanding of leading project management principles and methodologies.
- At least 5 years working experience with at least 3 years combined experience working in Learning and Development Facilitation as well as Administration with a practical understanding of the learning cycle and student-centered learning pedagogy is essential.
- Learning and Development Content/Curriculum Development experience would be advantageous.
- Prior experienced managing and engaging stakeholders preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills and demonstratable experience is required.
- Prior experience with designing and/or managing SETA-funded partnerships with TVET colleges would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, working within TVET systems and programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience engaging external stakeholders and writing donor and/or stakeholder reports.
- Strong ability to communicate strategic objectives while developing and fostering relationships.
- Strong digital literacy, with the ability to rapidly learn and champion the use of new software and online programmes in the IYF South Africa office.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills a must, including a working knowledge of Microsoft OneNote, Teams and SharePoint. Experience with online management information and enterprise resource planning systems would be an advantage. Experience working with online survey programmes would be an added bonus.
- Strong demonstratable experience and ability to implement work tasks and projects independently, and potentially remotely, is essential. Experience in working collaboratively within a virtual team would be an advantage, with working in a multinational team an added bonus.
- Ability to travel nationally, and potentially regionally/internationally.
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility, with demonstrated self-management and self- motivation.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all project partners, donors, and colleagues.
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Candidate must be able to converse in at least two of the official languages in South Africa.
- South African permanent resident.
- Commitment to IYF’s overall mission
Please submit the following documents via email to [email protected] with "Programme Liaison- South Africa" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only applicants without work restrictions in South Africa should apply.