Project Coordinator (Ramallah)
Senior Specialist, Institutional Capacity Strengthening (based in Palestine)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) is a five-year, multi-million-dollar youth development program funded by USAID benefitting young Palestinian women and men ages 10-19. This position will be responsible for collaborating with consortium partners on monitoring, evaluation, research and learning to ensure that MERL targets are met. S/he will also support with the coordination and implementation of project activities in all programmatic areas, including the Life Skills, Work Readiness and Civic Engagement & Leadership in close collaboration with the Program Officers and under the direction of the Senior Specialist for Institutional Capacity Strengthening. This includes coordinating the translation and adaptation of the various curricula that will be deployed in PYE’s suite of interventions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Coordinator for PYE will support in the following ways:
Measurement, Evaluation, Research & Learning (50% of position focus)
- MERL Plan Implementation: The Project Coordinator will support implementation of the PYE MERL plan in Palestine, alongside Mercy Corp’s MEL team, to collect, analyze and report on targets for IYF’s learning priorities.
- Data Management: The Project Coordinator will support the establishment of record guidelines, procedures, and tools for maintaining data integrity. The Program Coordinator will enter and manage performance data through IYF’s cloud-based data management system, and assist with data storage, cleaning, tabulation, and verification.
- Project Reporting & Dissemination: The Project Coordinator will support regular donor reporting, including reporting on key performance indicators, and support dissemination of project learning to IYF teams, such as the Award Management Unit (AMU), and the Assets, Strategy, and Knowledge (ASK) Unit through reports and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned to achieve PYE objectives.
General Project Implementation Support (50% of position focus)
- Project Support: The Project Coordinator will provide coordination for select project activities as assigned by the Program Officers and/or Senior Specialist Institutional Capacity Strengthening. These may include: life skills and civic engagement curriculum adaptation and translations, coordination of training-of-trainer workshops, scheduling program orientation sessions, managing records, managing contract approvals, monitoring trainings and workshops through site visits, and providing other event logistical support.
- Compliance: In collaboration with PYE team members and the AMU at IYF’s Baltimore office, develop and maintain familiarity with donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, including adherence to donor reporting guidelines and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned to achieve PYE objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business Administration) or a social science with demonstrated monitoring, evaluation and learning training or specialized coursework.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a related field. Experience using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies in measurement, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities for program performance is an advantage. Prior experience with supporting performance monitoring for USAID-funded projects an added advantage.
- Experience conducting assessments and using qualitative and quantitative tools (focus group discussions, surveys, interviews) is preferred.
- Strong data management and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize information for reporting.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience using advanced Excel skills. Familiarity with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R, STATA); data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI); and cloud-based data management systems (e.g. Salesforce, MySQL) is preferred.
- Prior experience providing general project support, such as implementation planning, event/workshop logistics, and contract management.
- Exceptional oral and written Arabic and English communication skills.
- Experience with leading surveys and/or presentations with diverse audiences.
This opportunity will be for a period of 12 months. Contract may be extended contingent on availability of funding. Start date is to be determined contingent on availability of funding.
Please submit the following documents in English via email by 11th November 2021:
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Palestine; this position is a local hire position in Palestine. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.