- Founder, Fundación Honduras Social
Impact area: Social inclusion; Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 8
Karen Madrid founded Fundación Honduras Social in 2011. The organization’s mission is to promote the social and economic development of excluded populations through education and entrepreneurship training and the implementation of creative, self-sustainable triple-impact alternatives.
“Due to the COVID Pandemic, inequality, poverty and unemployment increased in Honduras, especially among excluded groups such as women, migrants, individuals from ethnic groups, and people with disabilities. Honduras Social believes in the power of all people, and we know that together we can change the reality of marginalized populations. Our project, The Digital Inclusion and Employability Club, is a virtual platform that provides opportunities for people with disabilities who seek employment, advertising opportunities to sell their products or services on a larger scale, and for CSR companies that seek to be inclusive.”
The Global Youth Resiliency Fund will help Karen and team accomplish the following:
- Place 15 professionals with disabilities with CSR companies.
- Boost sales of products and services for 25 entrepreneurs with disabilities.
- Improve the business image, processes, training, and digitization of 25 entrepreneurs with disabilities.
- Provide support to CSR companies for the hiring, training, and monitoring of professionals with disabilities.
Learn more about Fundación Honduras Social here.
- Country of birth