While the world is staying home, we're all having to change how we work and learn. It's obviously not easy, but there's at least one bright side. The COVID-19 pandemic has been showing us how we can come together, even while physically apart. In that spirit, we've compiled the following resources that are either free or offered by a small business or youth-led venture, whom your contribution would benefit.
- Passport to Success Traveler, from IYF with partner The PepsiCo Foundation, offers game-based learning to help you level up in skills like problem-solving and managing conflict. From their tablet or smartphone, users build the skills all employers seek while taking a virtual trip around the world.
Entrepreneurship & Social Change
- Voices of Social Change, from IYF, Laureate International Universities, and B Lab, is offered through Coursera. Learn from young leaders and create your own plan. "The course was exactly what I need to start acting and stop wishing," said one participant in his review.
- All YouthActionNet® webinars, videos, and case studies feature the advice and experience of young social change experts
- Time Management Tips (webinar), from YouthActionNet
- Start Small, Pursue Big Goals (video), from YouthActionNet Fellow Michael Long
- Managing Remote Teams Effectively (webinar), from YouthActionNet
- Good Hustle, from Start Some Good, has associated costs but is offering scholarships and a buy-one-give-one model.
- Startup Strategies During Uncertain Times (webinar, sign-up required), Amazon Web Services
- COVID-19 Resource Guide, Techstars
- 11 Tips for Startup Survival During COVID-19, Techstars
- Embracing the Unknown: Mental Health for Entrepreneurs in Uncertain Times (recorded AMA), Jerry Colonna of Reboot.io and David Brown of Techstars
- COVID-19 Resources for Startups, Pilot
- Guide to Resilient Leadership During the COVID-19 Crisis, Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Media Literacy Mission, from IREX, is a game that helps you learn how to separate fact from fiction, which can help in identifying reliable health-related news and information.
- 5 Tips for Switching to Online Learning, from Faculty Focus
- Overview of extensive existing resources from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), which offers 200 online college degree programs
- Basics of teaching online (PDF), from SNHU
- Webinars for Educators, from LearningKeepsGoing.org
- Strategies for creating a successful online classroom, from Faculty Focus
- Coronavirus Has Led to a Rush of Online Teaching. Here’s Some Advice for Newly Remote Instructors (podcast), from EdSurge
- How to Accommodate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in an Online Classroom (PDF), from SNHU
- How to Serve Special Needs Students from Afar, from EdSurge
- When the Tide Goes Out: Identifying and Supporting Struggling Students in Online Courses, from Faculty Focus
- Workforce consultations, from ACT
- Best Practices for Managing Opportunity Youth Talent Remotely (register directly here), from Grads of Life
Science and Mental Health
- COVID-19 informational webinar with Dr. Joel Selanikio of Georgetown University Hospital, from TechChange
- Coronavirus and Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks, from the American Psychiatric Association
- 3 Keys to Resilience (video), from Mawi Learning and ACT
- The Science of Well-Being, from Yale University on Coursera
- Crisis Text Line (United States), Give a Shout (UK), Kids Help Phone (Canada), Crisis Text Line (Ireland), or message Crisis Text Line on Facebook
- Why You Should Ignore All That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief, Harvard Business Review
- Fighting the Unseen Impacts of COVID-19 (webinar recording), YouthLead
Working, Parenting & Balancing Life in Lockdown
- How to Work from Home Alongside Your Partner without Losing It, NYT Parenting
- Kanban for Kids (or "How I used agile to become a homeschool parent in 24 hours"), Meghan McInerny on LinkedIn
- How Coworkers Are Staying connected While They Work from Home, CNBC
- Tips for Tackling 6 Big Challenges of Remote Work, Trello
We will update this list on an ongoing basis. Please contact [email protected] if you have resources we should consider including.